.DEDICATED DESIGN PER CIRCUIT
This is the most common approach, which is a specific design and fabrication per circuit per device:
- Maximum Burn-in Board Density
- Lowest per unit cost
- Most reliable way to go, since clocks and power would be designed for maximum performance tailored for the specific circuit.
- It is most effective when cost of socket is minimal, this tends to work best for small pin count in DIPS, SOIC, PLCC, and LCC packages
- Boards are dedicated for one type of circuit and package only
- The cost maybe hard to justify if the burn-in boards will be used for a one time qualification. However, that is usually part of what reliability cost is all about.